Research Title: Ethnically diverse women’s experiences of sexual pleasure: a qualitative study
The key goal of this research study is to explore what sexual pleasure means for ethnically diverse women and if there are associations with mindfulness. Sexual pleasure is an essential aspect of sexual health and well-being. The experience of sexual pleasure has been found to be gendered due to the inequity between men and women in the sociocultural aspect. Besides the gender ideologies, how ethnically diverse women define and experience sexual pleasure should be investigated because the experiences of these women have been reduced to stereotypes, risky sexual behaviors, and STIs. This study has the potential to substantially contribute to the discourse on ethnically diverse women’s sexuality from a sex-positive pleasure-seeking framework (Chmielewski et al., 2020).
This study will recruit participants and interview them to better understand how they define and experience sexual pleasure. It will also help to understand which psychosocial, relational, and behavioral aspects shaped their experiences of sexual pleasure, and if there’s a link between mindfulness.
Who can participate?
Consider participating in the EUPHORIA study if:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You live in Canada
- You are able to communicate in English
- You have access to a smartphone and/or computer with internet connection
- You identify as an ethnically diverse individual
- You identify as a woman or were assigned female sex at birth
- You have engaged in sexual activities alone or with a partner
When does this study take place?
The study will be recruiting until Fall 2022.
Where does this study take place?
Group treatment sessions will take place virtually on a secure web-based video platform.
The Study Coordinator – Aidana (email@example.com)
* Participants will be entered into a draw for a $100 gift card. Please ensure to complete the questionnaire.